Thursday 25 July 2013

One Direction's MUA collaboration: REALLY?!

Hi Everyone!
Now recently I found out that British make-up brand 'MUA professional', has decided to team up with one of the most popular stars in the world right now. Now when you see this you suddenly think, spice girls? The Saturdays? Little Mix?! But no, I'm talking about English and Irish BOYband, One Direction. You could say I'm a little bit obsessed with them like most fourteen year old girls at the moment, but my bottom lip literally hit the floor when I heard about this, and not in a good way.


Now, there has been a lot of controversy circulating One Direction's management for a long time now. Modest! management claim that they love the boys and they will do anything to make them and their fanbase happy. The problem is, are they really doing this? So far in their massive merchandise collection, they've released sleeping bags, backpacks, earrings, wristbands, and even cut outs of the boys just to name a few, but now they might have gone a bit too far. These boys are going into their 20's this year and the next, so do they really want their names and faces to be slapped on perfumes, lipsticks and nail polish?! If you were a 19 year old hearthrob being chased by practically every woman and girl would you want that? 
They are trying so hard to mature as men along with their music as they go up in the music world, but how are they meant to do that when they are selling cheap cosmetics with their song names as the collection titles? 

Management also does their best to control the sexuality rumors of the group, but again they aren't really doing themselves a favor by releasing cosmetics in their name, if anything the rumors will just get worse. It's a pathetic way for the management to pocket more cash, and it's not like the boys need it since they are valued all together at around $30 million.


On sale from Monday onwards, you can get your hands on all sorts of cosmetics such as Lip tints, eye shadows, lipstick, etc. They are priced from around £2.50-£7.00 and have apparently been specially made to go along with the boys favorite colours, flavours, and scents on a girl. MUA insists that the boys have put a lot of effort into catering these products to theirs and our tastes, but between filming their new movie, recording new music, and being on tour, have they really spent that much time thinking about what shades of nail polish they like on a girl?


So what do you think of the collection? Do you think it's a great opportunity for the boys and their fans to get to know them a bit more? will you be buying something from the range? or are you just as weirded out as I am? Let me know in the comments or feel free to tweet me at @AnnaBlogster.

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree. I am no 1D fan, but it's just a money making opp. I have said many times before that I think maybe they could be slightly camp... so why make it more of a question? Silly! Hate people who do it for the money. Quite frankly, the fact that they don't even write their own music puts me off completely anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree! 1D are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me and tbh it kinds of puts me off buying them.. i like the idea of some of the products but i don't really want 'thats what makes you beautiful' all over them ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should make a youtube channel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't believe they're collaborating with MUA! I'm not a 1D fan so doubt this collection will interest me at all unfortunately xx

    www.jsandmakeup.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it will get very far to be honest, unless the younger fans go for it:L

      Delete
  5. Weirded out isn't the word.
    The bad thing is, I think the cheek tints look lovely, but I wouldn't buy them because they have 1D plastered all over them!

    vickieblogs.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly, it just puts me off completely!

      Delete
  6. Haha I saw this and couldn't believe it either! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, check it out http://itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Rosie, I've already done it but I'm so happy you considered me for it :)

      Delete