Tuesday 30 July 2013

BINTM : The Story/My Thoughts So Far..

Hi Lovelies!
So we all have our guilty pleasures, some that we are proud of, some.. not so much. I have many, food being one of the most common ones that you all probably know of by now, and another, is Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model. I used to hear all of my friends talk about it in primary school (which is really surprising looking back at it now since the show is not at all appropriate) but I just never got into it since I just wasn't into that sort of programme at the age of eleven, not surprisingly. But when I saw the adverts for the show earlier this year, it really interested me seeing as it might give me a bit of insight into the modelling world, and maybe even into fashion and beauty. I quickly became addicted, but I have absolutely no idea whether any of you watch it since none of my friends do anymore, and I need to release my thoughts on what I think of the models and the shoot so far, so I thought I might right a little blog post about it.

So from left to right, top to bottom, the remaining contestants are Lauren, Angel, Emma, Saffron, Sophie, Holly, Naomi, and Sarah. 

I also wanted to start watching this show to see how cut throat the business is and how models that are competing behave with each other. Well, there is certainly a lot of cat fights and immaturity going on in the house. I sometimes do forget that these ladies are 19-25 year of age because they honestly behave like twelve year old school girls sometimes. My favourite contestants are Naomi since I think she is absolutely stunning, and Lauren since she has got to be one of the kindest and sweetest of the group.


My least favourite contestants have got to be Holly, Angel, and Saffron (pictured above). They are the ones that seem to constantly start fights, and last episode, they even bought their quarrels to work and had a fight just before they were set to model. Elle MacPherson, their lead mentor, was highly unimpressed and told them never to pick a fight during working hours, since it is immature and distasteful for professionals to behave like that. I seriously agree with Elle, if you really want to make a career out of it and there is drama going on and you have to work with each other, the least you can do is suck it up and get the job done. And I think some of these girls don't realise this, what is going to happen if they disagree with other models before a catwalk? are you going to start an argument? no, because you are a mature adult, not my age.


Another immature act the girls have played a part in is the same group of girls way back in episode 2 when they were all being made over, two of the girls refused to have their hair cut off, and even started crying. I mean, if I was in that industry yes maybe I would be a bit nervous to go through with cutting my hair, but I wouldn't cry about it, it's bound to grow back at some point. Whilst watching this programme it has been made clear to me that being a model isn't all what it is cracked up to be. You have to get up early for shoots, work full days, and during those hours you are basically their doll, they've payed for you, they can do anything they want to with your appearance, and they tell you when they've got the picture, not you.


The good thing about this show is that I have really seen amazing differences in how the girls pose, and they are beginning to realise how important lights are and genuinely at the end of the day just be yourself. And if you're wondering, yes I do get jealous of the girls sometimes seeing as they are all beautiful, but after a while I just concentrate on the shoots, and the drama, that definitely takes my mind off things.
The only pet peeve I have about the show is Danny Minogue. I have no idea why but she just seems to get on my last nerve all the time, and I find myself disagreeing with her so much that I'm yelling at the tv screen and my mum and dad have to tell me to calm down. Don't worry, I'm not completely crazy.


So feel free to let me know if you watch BINTM, and whether you love it or loathe it, speak to you all soon, I love youuuuu.

7 comments:

  1. I can't watch it anymore as I don't have sky, but I do enjoy it.
    I get told I should be a model (thanks if you do say that haha) but I really wouldn't want to. If it was for like 60,000 quid then maybe... haha, but I would hate getting caught in that loop of modelling. It's just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be a model anyday Tolly, I just think you're destined for designing and writing :) x

      Delete
  2. I used to love this show, and the American one too - but haven't watched it in a few years - I didn't even realise it was still on! Will have to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bintm I cant stand angel either but I don't like lauren or sarah. My favourites are probably naomi and sophie xx

    coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this programme, I'm so gutted we don't have sky anymore (and it's impossible to find online) but I've been catching up on it by reading blog posts!

    Scarlett x
    scarlettlondon.com

    ReplyDelete