Friday 2 November 2012

Nail Polish Removers: Is dearer better?

Hi Guys!!
So I've been using a lot of nail polish recently, experimenting with gorgeous autumns to blog and review about, although one of my followers tweeted to me saying that I talked a bit too much about nail polish and products. I'm sorry to that follower, but as long as I love blogging about it, and as long as I have enough individual and unique posts about them, I'm going to keep blogging about it! Anyway, today I'm going to talk about two different removers, that have a little bit of PRICE difference, but the real question I'm going to figure out is does price really matter with the quality of the remover?
By the way, sorry for the picture quality, I had to use my dad's phone to take pictures because my phone had run out! 

Sally Hansen Regular Nail Polish Remover, £2.45

This is basically the best nail polish remover I have ever tried! I picked it up in boots to do an emergency mani for a party, and don't really know why I hadn't discovered it before. The nail polish takes about 4 or 5 seconds to come off, and it works well with glitter. It also doesn't have that horrible strong alcohol rub smell, it's a bit less toxic haha! I've been using it ever since and have almost completely ignored my £1 tesco one! It has also strengthened my nails, and they don't chip or get damaged as easy know! On the other hand it doesn't last as long as the tesco one, because tesco's is a wider bottle.

Tesco Nail Polish Remover, £1

I was really happy with the tesco remover when I got it, it got the job done and I just left it at that. But it wasn't doing my nails any good, and the smell was absolutely dreadful! It also took forever to dry, and I kept on shaking my hands to dry them. 

Thanks for reading, and if you know some good removers I can try out, please let me know!x

16 comments:

  1. Ahhh this is so handy I so often pick up a nail varnish remover that turns out to be rubbish!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've just recently started using some decent ones so they can strengthen my nails:)xx

      Delete
  2. I love Sally Hansen's nail polish remover too! I use the sensitive one as my nails are so brittle. Great post :) xxx

    beautyconfessionsofabiggirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah really? Might have to check that one! And thankyou jen:)xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    Just writing to say - defo ignore that Twitter user!
    If you want to talk about nail polish and remover you should - you're a very good writer and I hope you keep up the good work on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear by superdrugs own brand! Nothing works better for me!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried them!! Will put up a review though:)

      Delete
  5. I swear by the tesco one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, but I'm widening my knowledge of removers a little more now!x

      Delete
  6. I like the 'cutex' one, i did not like the 'tayl&r taylor' one as it never takes my polish off easily!

    Philippa xo
    http://therunwaylocket.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried that one! Might have to give it a go:)

      Delete
  7. I use a Cutex one that says it's 'nourashing - for weak nails', it removes polish easily and doesn't smell to bad at all! ( I hate the really strong alcoholy smells i find with a lot of the cheaper brands). It cost £2.20 ish for a 200 ml bottle (but is currently on buy one get one half price in boots). I'm not normally one for buying expensive thoings when cheaper ones will do but with nail polish removers the expensive versions are normally only a pound or so more and worth it I think! :)

    ps - it's your blog, post what you like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Kelly!
      I hate that alcohol smell with polishes, the cutex one's cheaper as well so I might give it a go!:)

      Delete
  8. I keep trying to find more natural ones because I feel polish is such a strong chemical (and what follower said they had enough nail posts?! that's madness, everyone loves nails haha)

    Following you and would love if you could follow us at http://prettysquared.blogspot.com/

    Pretty Squared http://prettysquared.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've followedxxxxxxxx and I don't like to name and shame;)

      Delete