Sunday 13 October 2013

New look is going chunky..

Hi Everyone!
Now before you start to assume something, no this is not about people's dress sizes. It's actually about the latest trend that has been flying off the shelves in shops like Topshop and ASOS, this trend is the chunky boot. I've always wanted a pair of these but have been scared since they always cost so much, but whilst out shopping in Chester today I found New Look has a whole collection of the beauty's for under £40! My friend actually ended up buying a pair, which is why I had the urge to blog about it because I didn't want you guys to miss out on a hidden gem!
All photos courtesy of Newlook.com, all products were in stock when post was archived.

So I've never been a huge fan of New Look, and usually I only go in there for the basics, like a vest, or some ankle socks. But my friend Elen who is a massive fan, dragged me in there yesterday to look at the shoes since she has basically ruined every pair she has by going walking in them (no joke).  So me and my other chummy Ceri had a wander through the heeled shoes section, and I spotted these gorgeous boots (top left). Sadly they were all sold out besides the pair that was on the side which were size fives, Ceri's size. I had to take one for the team and watch Ceri buy these beautiful things, and it broke my fashionista heart. But after looking online, they have all sizes available (4-8), so I'm in luck! But since it's coming to winter time, I'm pretty sure this pair will be selling quick, so get yours while you still have the chance.

The next pair are a lot more chic, and 'high fashion'. The heel on the boot resembles the usual chelsea boots, but the cut outs at the sides make it look a lot more elegant, and you can also dare to wear them with colourful socks, or if you're not that adventurous, some thick cotton ones. I'm also very fond of buckles at the moment, I think they add so much edge to an outfit, and they pair so well with tartan... anything.

The last ones remind me of those sky high shoes that some of you ladies like to wear on a friday night (I'm 14 and live in a village so there's no hope for me on friday nights besides babysitting and movie nights with myself) and I think they can be very classy if you maybe pair them with skinny jeans, and a blouse? They'd be perfect for a meal out, the only trouble I'd find is walking in them, it's quite hard for me to walk in wedges, let alone these monsters. I might have to google a 'how to walk in heels' tutorial soon.

Or if you don't want to go for the classic black chunk, you could always try something different? Here are my picks for some other winter footwear that are maybe a little bit more 'you'.

Did you like these chunks? Which are your favourite pair, let me know, thanks for sticking with me, love you.

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My friend bought them, they are well worth it!

      Delete
  2. I love the first one ! Right up my street

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post, i was on new look last night and i was amazed at home much stuff they had!
    xx

    http://blueviolethearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. *covers eyes* NO I CAN'T LOOK! they're all too lovely! I've already bought 8 new pairs of boots since September started, I literally cannot justify anymore!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you can never have enough pairs I suppose, back ups maybe?;) x

      Delete
  5. I don't shop at New look but purchase those shoes last week...so comfy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really but I just love their shoes!! X

      Delete
  6. Love them all so much! Xo

    http://madisonmartine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the coltrane dupes! really want to get some too x
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need the brown ones on the second pic! =-O
    Could you tell me how I can follow you on Google + since I'm on here a lot? :-)

    Natasha
    Http://tashasartanddesign.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love new look for shoes! Great post.
    By the way I LOVE your blog and think its so cool that you have been short listed for awards and have loads of followers! Do you have any tips for someone just starting out?
    www.geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! If you email me I'd be happy to help!! X

      Delete
  10. To lovely...wanna have them all...loved that black Suede Shoes with golden work..they'll look great with tights this winter..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, however you want to style them! X

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the flowery print ones! they're so unique! really love reading your blog

    http://life-of-georgie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete