Tuesday 29 October 2013

The Short, Excited Girl Visits South Wales..

Hi Everyone!
Wow we haven't spoken in a while have we? At the moment I'm sat in my hotel room drinking tea and watching pointless with my grandma, probably having the best time a nerd can have on holiday in Britain. I've been a tourist for four days now and I've got to say, I'm loving every minute! You may recognise some of these places I'm about to talk about today from the television programme 'Gavin and Stacey', and honestly, I was in a bit of a daze when I was there today because I'm a huuuuge fan, and there is no better late birthday present than a chippy where nessa and smithy sat. Call me a saddo who should be out with her mates, but if it helps, I'm going out shopping in Cardiff tomorrow, which will be amazing as it usually is.
sorry in advance for the rubbish picture quality, I'm blogging from my Nain's laptop, so it might be a bit blurry, but love you all.
Now if you watched the Gavin and Stacey episode where they all go to the beach, you'll know that they sat exactly where I was sitting! Sadly it's a screenshot from a video that Nain took instead of a video (hence the black border) but I'm going to treasure this photo, and I look so small and innocent with my legs crossed, mainly because not so far from me there were some creepy guys smoking and staring, so I was trying to keep my cool, but failed.

                              
Excuse my face, but we were sitting on the top of the little peak they have on Barry Island, and I took a selfie, for two reasons really. A, I wanted to show you all my coat, and B, I was actually really happy and a teeny bit confident with the way I look than I have been feeling about myself recently. I wasn't really wearing any makeup, but I was really tired so I was rubbing my eyes all day, which would have destroyed any makeup I had on my eyes. I seriously recommend Barry for a family day out, because even in October, it was a really nice day out, and it's not a ratty little seaside town, it's honestly a fun place for all ages, I seriously enjoyed myself!

We finished off the Barry Trip by getting ice cream from the local Cadwaladers shop (if you fancy going it's across the road and down to the left opposite Marco's Café) I had my favourite, Mint Choc Chip in a tub with two fudge sticks. I've honestly become addicted to fudge, it's the best thing ever, I've honestly asked for it for Christmas from all my friends, so if you know, you're struggling to find me a gift. *hint hint hint*
We then stopped by an amazing church in Llanilltud Fawr (Llantwit Major) where they are actually re doing the west side of the church I think it is (not really sure about my compass direction things there) but it was amazing, and I am such an anti-teen in this case, I love visiting historic places, we visited Castell Coch the other day which is a refurbished castle to look like something from a fairytale, it is gorgeous, and tomorrow it's Cardiff Castle woohoo.
 
Hope you liked this post, I will make sure to put a haul on of things I've bought since I've already got a couple things including some holiday scented Yankee Candle tarts and samplers. Love you all, and thanks again for sticking with me!

7 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :) Check out my blog for details:

    stylishengland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had an AMAZING time! I went to wales once before but not south wales, it's a really pretty place and super duper cute! I love it, these pictures make me want to go back :(

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love living there, although there aren't a lot of shops! :( x

      Delete
  3. I love Barry Island. It's great.
    xxx
    Miss Bows
    bowsofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it's so pretty when it's sunny!

      Delete
  4. Thankyou so much that means a lot:) and of course I will!

    ReplyDelete