Saturday 4 May 2013

Searching for the perfect dress...

Hello Everyone!
Well I'm in a bit of a hole at the moment, I currently have 76 days to find the perfect wedding guest dress, and I've found it, well them. You might know I am a gigantic ASOS shopaholic, so when I found out there would be a wedding coming up, I didn't waste anytime in trying to find a shop. I previously hinted in a post not so long ago that I might be going to a wedding, including some dresses I had found through the personal shopper widget they currently have on the site. One of those dresses are here on this post today, since I'm still not sure which two I should buy to try on. I've managed to limit my list down to 4, after spending all this morning fretting about it, so I need your help lovely lot! Please leave a comment below letting me know which dress you think is best (and most suitable) for a 3 days away from becoming 14 year old (yes the wedding is on the 20th of July, and my birthday is the 23rd!) Here we go..

 All images are courtesy of ASOS.com, I do not own any of these images

OPTION 1:
So I love the color coral for a wedding, particularly for the summer, so most of these dresses will be coral/pink (girlie girl right here.) I really love skater skirt dresses for weddings, and I think they would really suit me, since I've not got the most amazing legs, and I think my father would probably kill me if I tried to get away with a tube type dress for the wedding, since I am his 'little girl.' I'm also really fussy about the cut of some dresses, since if someone gives me the wrong dress cut, I can end up looking a bit manish, since there's nothing going on in that area. But it's a nice change from a boring straight cut, and the straps are really nice.


OPTION 2:
This is the safest one of all of them I think, but I really like it. Since I'm quite tanned, I think that this slightly more orangier coral would go well with my skin tone, and I'm also currently blonde, which would help the orange not to wash me out I think. It's a bit plain I'll give you that, but I think with the right bling it will look fab for the wedding. I also love the models hair in this, I think I might go for a messy bun with ringlets for the wedding, and a natural make up look like hers.


OPTION 3:
This is the option that I think is a little too short, which is a shame really because I could of really made the dress look nice with maybe a statement neon necklace, and if we are counting on rain (knowing wales) it would at least be that little bit longer at the sleeves. But looking at it now it is definitely too mini for a wedding, and I have to have a little bit of dignity for myself (since I do tend to make a fool of myself, and having my knickers on show won't make it any better.)


I posted a full review of this dress here, but I'll just quote myself so you can see the pros of this dress...

'This dress is every girls dream. It's bouncy, flattering, but doesn't show any 'indecent body parts' too much for thirteen year old girl shall we say? I mean I'm not the tallest or, or the most 'developed' so this dress is perfect for me! It's the perfect length for me, since I'm not the type of person who likes skirts anyway, but it would also look really nice with tights and a shawl maybe for the winter.'

So as you can see I am in a massive hole, and I need YOUR help, so let me know which one is your favorite, and maybe why!

11 comments:

  1. It's between Option 3 & 4. I think Option 1 has the wrong straps and neckline for you, and the 2nd is a bit plain, but safe. The 3rd would suit you because of the arms and neckline, so perhaps find a longer version. The 4th is nice but again not sure about the neckline :-)

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your suggestion tolly!:) xx

      Delete
  2. Anonymous04 May, 2013

    I love the cream one! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Shame about the length though:(

      Delete
  3. I love option 3! But because the length would be too short for you I would say option 1 simply because it has more unique straps compared to option 2. Good luck deciding! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last one, as you said yourself, it's a 'dream'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria Drage05 May, 2013

    Anna you would look good in a bin bag!! I love the first one and the last one. You're going to look gorgeous :) Maria xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thankyou so much Maria, But I'll never look as good as you;) xx

      Delete
  6. I love the last one. So pretty and such a classic shape. Where is it from? Might have to get one as well.

    ReplyDelete