Saturday 29 March 2014

Ida Sjöstedt X Monki

Hi Everyone!
I hope you've all enjoyed your week of work (or week off for some people that have their break now), my week has certainly hectic with studying for my actual GCSE'S *cries* in May and June, and to be honest, I've been revising so hard for some subjects that my head is, in the best way to describe it, 'buzzing' from all this knowledge that I'm forcing myself to remember. But let's just put these exam worries in a nice, empty box, and put it away, as I write for you guys today. So yesterday I was at a wedding, and it started at 10am, and we left at 11pm. I know what you're thinking, but after the week I've had, I was actually so tired that I was ready to pass out in the taxi home by the end of the night. 

So recently I was scouring the web for things to write about *inspo inspo inspo* and I'm a big fan of Monki, so to see if they had a new collection coming out I just googled, and up came this great new collab that I'm dying to tell you all about. The only problem was that all the articles were foreign (norwegian according to good old google translate) but eventually I got it all translated so I could get the full deets about this hot new collection, which I know will be huge during festival season when it's released.
IDA SJÖSTEDT FOR Monki: The Swedish designer launches her third collection for clothing chain 23  April.
images courtesy of ww.kk.no. 
So my style is changing constantly, but one thing that always sticks with me is pastels and delicate patterns, even though I may not wear them all the time, whenever a collection includes something along the lines of that, I'm straight on it, that scene is mine for the blogging (see what I did there? Clever ain't I). I'm also shamefully obsessed with florals, and I know people seriously hate the trend, since it comes around at the same time every year, but I can't get enough, there, I said it. 
Ida Sjostedt (she types whilst making a thousand mistakes), is a Swedish designer, and is well known for her use of 'Dreamy designs, and amazing dresses' according to Norwegian magazine KK, and as I look at her wedding dresses and previous collections, you can see clearly that she is constantly channeling this vibe in her designs, whether it be some sweet lace at the hem, or some major florals all over the playsuit, shorts, etc.
 She's also a huge fan of lace as I study her work more thoroughly, and the Pajama/loose fitting style is clearly popular with her. 
By now I'm seriously interested in just everything about this lady, she's amazing, but there's one quote from her that really catches my eye, and that is 'I think that all girls, regardless of their style, have a little princess in them. I design for the princesses.' This just had me smiling from ear to ear, because every girl does have their inner princess, they just need to find it and own it.
I'm loving her use of mint green in a lot of her designs, it's a great shade that can really be worn all year around but on specific pieces of the outfit, but it's also good that she's not gone overboard, because too much of any one toned pastel can just drown you out, and you just end up looking like an ice cream that you've bought on Brighton Pier. She's also used floral crowns to accessorize the outfits in a lot of the shoot images, and I must say I'm very pleased, I've never personally bought one, but these little headbands of joy make every girl look like a princess, but with a leather jacket you can add a more edgy/grungier vibe to it. The heels that she's used are interesting, but who doesn't love a good platform shoe eh? Even if they do look a bit like they've come out of frankenstein's monster's walk in wardrobe. 
There's also almost a regal essence to the collection, and I can imagine long curly waves and golden jewellery being used to accessorize these dresses, and maybe, if you're feeling totally princessy, then a little (or big, depending on how regal you're feelin') crown would be as suitable for the look.
I'm seriously just in love with this shoot. It just looks as if the girls who are modelling are having a great time, and I love it when I see carefree advertising like that. They are also smiling! And you will know if you've read one of my previous posts that I love it when models smile, it just sucks me in, and I want to know more about the desinger, the collection, and sometimes even the models themselves! I'm a nosey little bugger like that. Unfortunately, this collection doesn't come cheap, and as I've heard, the collab between Monki and Ida's prices start at around £200. Ouch. But on the plus side guys, if you ever win the lottery, or can afford the collection, then I'd suggest you buy something quick! Because I'm expecting big things from Ida. The collection releases her on the 23rd of April I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), so get ready guys, festival fashion is upon us!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the flower headbands, I just think the color of the petals are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photos from this shoot! love the quirky prints and florals, and there's such a fun vibe in between all the styling! lovely!

    Check out my latest posts on the Blog and Happy Easter! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP | Coachella Style Inspo
    RASSP | Easter Recipes

    ReplyDelete