Saturday 1 March 2014

Women/Girls Who Inspire Me Daily: Actresses and Real Life Heroines

Hello Everyone!
I hope you're all enjoying your day, and since work/school is over for another day for people who aren't on holiday, we should all sit down and have a little catch up.
So today I thought I would write about something that's been floating in my little ideas palace (yes I call it that) for a while, and that is to talk about my female inspirations, who keep me going everyday in lots of different ways. Sometimes when I'm lacking inspiration to write my posts or just having a life 'crisis' day in general, I watch my idols movies, listen to their songs, or just look at what they've accomplished and think 'I can do that' and that's one of the reasons why I'm still writing for you today, because along with my passion and your support, these women who I'm about to speak about also inspire me (as well as you guys who I absolutely adore) everyday to keep on with what I'm doing so I can reach my goal, because they are living their dreams right now, so why not keep with what I love so when I'm older maybe I'll live my dream out? Sop to one side, here are the ladies themselves, let me know in the comments below if anyone inspires you through your day, or if you love the same girls as I am about to speak about.
I've been a huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence for about three years now, and although it's always hard to see your idol getting bigger when you've watched their career grow over the years, it's nice to know that I've somewhat helped with it.
from buying up all her movies to talking about her non stop on twitter since the day I watched Winter's Bone for the first time (her first movie she was nominated for an oscar in). Jen is such a talented actress and all round fabulous person, she never takes criticism to heart even though it may sometimes be hard for her.
In a Vogue interview, she said 'I'm never going to starve myself for a part. I don't want little girls saying 'oh I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner!'
Ever since I read the quote I've loved her even more, she may receive criticism for not going to the gym, or asking for a McDonalds on the red carpet *very funny interview quote, google it*, but at the end of the day she understands the troubles teen girls and boys, even adults go through with body confidence issues, and she's made it clear she isn't going to starve herself to make it big in Hollywood, and her guts and determination are worthy of all her awards and accomplishments, and let's all hope she will continue to love us as much as we love her!
*I do not own any of these pictures, photo of Malala courtesy of Glamour and Brigitte Lacombe

Over the christmas period, a lot of people thought giving me novels, biographies, and true stories in both English and Welsh was a good idea to help with my journalism path, to maybe learn about some people that are moulding our civilization today, and even though I'm aiming at fashion journalism ideally, I would like to take a journalism degree. My Nain bought me Malala Yousafzai's autobiography and life story 'I am Malala', and after reading it I now recommend it to a lot of people, my age and above.
She speaks about education and her life so passionately, and it was a very gripping yet easy read, I couldn't put it down. If you don't know her story, Malala was brought up in a small community in Pakistan, and in Pakistan they have a completely different approach to education amongst girls, and their life is basically uneducated, and they stay at home and look after the children.
In some provinces in Pakistan, such as the swat valley from where Malala was born, the taliban at times banned girls from going to school. Malala was an education activist in the valley, and she'd written for the BBC, and had documentary's filmed about her and the valley in where she was being educated.
But on the morning of the 9th of October, 2012, she was boarding her school bus, when a gunman approached her and asked if she was Malala, she said yes, and the man shot her in the head. She was sent for treatment in the UK. She is now fit and healthy, and after many petitions by the government and activists, there is now a scheme in her country to try and get every girl educated or in school by 2015.
Her story is truly inspirational, and if you haven't read the book yet, please do, you won't regret it.

Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any heroines. Have a nice 1st March everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Fab post, I love Jennifer Lawrence, she's hilarious and just seems so normal for someone so famous! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this post. They are most definitely an inspiration. Great post! xx

    http://allaboutamazingalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this post. They are most definitely an inspiration. Great post! xx

    http://allaboutamazingalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post lil sis...I find inspiration in Malala as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very inspirational.
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete