Friday 13 September 2013

P.E Trends: Fake tan + Neon Trainers..

Hi Everyone!
So today has been a very dramatic day to be honest. Today I had to audition for my school musical which is coming up November/December time, and I was all ready, I'd decided which song I was going to sing and everything, but then... I LOST MY VOICE. I woke up this morning with literally no voice and I couldn't speak, which made me panic because I knew how strict they were about these auditions, since it's basically an all singing all dancing school that I attend. But two spoons of cough medicine and about a million throat soothers later, I got up to sing and my voice didn't crack! I also saw my teacher doing a sneaky head bop to my song of choice (Take a Bow - Rihanna) which made me feel a little happier about it all. I've never auditioned for anything before, so I felt like I was in High School Musical a bit, Sadly there wasn't a lot of boys trying out, so I guess I'll have to wait for Troy *dramatically sighs even though she's fourteen and her whole life's ahead of her*. 

But Anyway, yesterday in P.E, whilst I was sitting it out because of my sore rib, I noticed a distinct pattern in the way people were dressing for it. Now being the physical education reject that I am, I usually just take in my skort, p.e shirt (which is a disgusting yellow that looks slightly like vomit) and some cheapy converse knock-offs from New Look, as you can tell I don't dress to impress when it comes to sweating like a pig. I'm not a very sporty person either, so I don't really see the point in buying expensive trainers just for them to get knicked from your bag when you leave it somewhere. But I have been seeing patterns in the trends, so I thought I'd write a post about it.

*P.S TO PEOPLE WHO GO TO MY SCHOOL, YOU ALL  KNOW I'M TERRIBLE AT SPORTS AND I'LL NEVER DRESS LIKE THIS, BUT NO DIGS ALRIGHT LET'S ALL BE HAPPY PEOPLE.
Images courtesy of JD sports, I do not own any of the pictures in this post.

So first of all let's all start with the trend that everyone seems to be loving at the moment, the neon trainer. I think they are a bit like marmite to tell you the truth, it's all about the styling, and whether you are actually going to do sports in them, or just use them as a shoe. Personally, I think they are too pretty to wear for p.e, if I had a pair I'd treat them like I was wearing the blooming queen, but as you all know, people like to show off their stuff and money whenever they get the chance in school, and this is definitely one of those cases. They're not a sports shoe, they are a fashion shoe.

Love or Loathe?: For me, LOVE.

Image from TUMBLR.

Okay the second one that every teen tries to perfect, the messy bun. Now after researching really hard *goes on tumblr and types in the tag box messy bun* I have managed to find a diagram that explains to us all what the differences our between the buns on our heads. Now at the moment, my gym class is sporting (pun intended) the 'Bohemian Braid Bun' which makes them ten minutes late to the lesson because they are trying to perfect it in the toilet mirrors on the other side of the school. Again, it's just p.e, it's not a fashion show, right? But there will always be people who want to look pretty at all times, so I guess I can't argue with that.

Love or loathe?: It's just the time that it takes to prep it, so probably LOATHE.
Images courtesy of FeelUnique.


And now for the marmite to top of that cracker you're probably eating right now, the icing on the cake that is, fake tan. A lot of people don't like fake tan because it's basically the word 'fake' that makes you cringe, but actually I don't hate it, in fact the idea in itself is brilliant. But it's when girls come out looking like a watsit or with streaks down their legs the argument starts. So personally, I tracked down the perfect tans that you can try at home (probably if you're a first timer, having help would be good) I've been recommended all of these by bloggers. Although they aren't the cheapest thing in the world. I think you pay for the quality with fake tans, and I wouldn't go anywhere near those own brand fake tans/bronzers/ wipes, because I've been told by some bloggers that they are the devils in disguise. 

Love or Loathe?: When you get the right one and it turns out all right, LOVE.

Thanks for reading, what are your opinions on these trends? Are they the same as your school?

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree, a lot of people are wearing Nike shoes at my school, when theyre usually the type of people that hate pe. I love the messy buns but cannot do them to save my life!
    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. UH i hated P.E. It was stupid and I didn't care how I looked either. Everyone in my class would just wear leggings, a plain white top, a hoodie and some trainers but some would wear fake tan and it looked hideous. I remember this one girl who was in the year above me, and she was orange for about 2 weeks. Im not even over exaggerating, everyone made fun of her (I know it's mean but she wasn't very nice anyway!)

    I wish my hair was long enough to handle the messy bun :(
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this is so true! I have your article in the YOU magazine pinned up on my wall!
    Would you be interested in doing a guest post for my blog? I'd love if you did!
    My blog- kavichick2000.wordpress.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yeay thankyou that's really nice! Pop me an email love and we can chat :) x

      Delete
  5. In my school we all just gave up on trying to look nice so now we're all sweaty slobs together haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds perfect, let me be you!! hahaha xx

      Delete