Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year's Fashion Crave: Cagecity

Hello Everyone!
So recently I've been looking on twitter for some new shops that I can look at for 2014, and I came across a very colourful one called Cagecity. Cage City is a very stripped, back to basics online store which is simple to navigate and filled with clothes your friends can only wish to find. They pride themselves on individuality and get their inspiration for pieces from roaming the streets looking for bold patterns and colours which create a statement. Cagecity is a site for girl's who are carefree and playful with their fashion sense, who dress for them and only them. They also have a vintage boutique on the site as well, where they have scouted out the best thrifts they can find for our pleasure! I love the whole vibe of the store, and especially love how they say their motto is basically 'Fashion is love and confidence... making you feel good in what you like wherever you are, no matter the postcode'. I love it so much, and with the extra money that is hopefully in your pockets left in there from sales, you can scroll up and down this beacon of fashion hope however long you like. Enjoy.
*All images courtesy of Cage City

The First dress I chose is probably the boldest on the whole website, and by far my favourite. I've been looking at it for a while now and thought it would look great on lots of people. I'm one of those types who adore velvet, love it or loathe it, it's the most amazing fabric ever that can be coloured and turned into whatever and still look great, but I can't stand the feel of it, which is very annoying. I really like this dress because there's so much going on with it, it's almost patchwork, and would go well with or without tights. I'd probably pair a military black jacket with it, or maybe some big dangly earrings, just to complete it, but you don't want the outfit to be overwhelming, otherwise you'll just end up looking like a walking sequined duvet cover.
The second one is really unique because it's shape at the bottom is so weird, I like to call it 'the spoon', don't ask me why I may be going mad just to let you know, but the pattern is almost a 'paint splatter' effect, and I really like how they've used baby and pastel colours, I think it will be a great dress for Spring this year.
The last one has been seen in quite a lot of shops, but I'm really into swing dresses at the moment, they are perfect for Spring and Summer, and I think they flatter all figures. I think the tigers and bright red show a bit of edge to the outfit, and again with a bowler hat and maybe some fishnets, this would look epic. (James' word not mine)

I thought these shorts were so funky. They've got mickey mouse detail on the back which adds some playfulness to the outfit but the ripped acid washed effect makes us forget about that completely. These were made to be worn with leather and a crop top, and they're also not too short and revealing like some shorts tend to be.
I absolutely love this gilet, it's the perfect vintage seventies statement, and I love the patterns so much. I think it would go really well with velvet and maybe a blouse, even some circled sunnies, it's just so patchwork, and I love the olive colour that's used to compliment the red on the flowers. I'd totally wear this out and about, and I think it would be perfect to wear all year round.
The last one is to do with one of the trends I hope will make an appearance in 2014. I'm talking Denim. I hated double denim because it was just too b*witched for me (but who doesn't love a bit of c'est la vie, right) I thought it just looked a bit out of place and not right, but I'm loving denim shift dresses, TOPSHOP have already made a hit out of it with their version, but I think this lighter version, with thinner straps will do just as well. In the Summer maybe it could be paired with some jellies, or some sandals? Your choice!

Thanks for reading, I love you, and make sure to check out Cage City's online Store.


5 comments:

  1. I love Cagecity! They've got some really amazing pieces!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too hehe, you really can find some gems there!! Great blog :-)

      Delete
  2. Thankyou so much, and if you fancy then of course . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your picks, I'm always eyeing up the prices on their site! Such fun prints too! That's unfortunate you hate the feel of velvet I feel that way about sponge luckily dresses and sponge don't go x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of Cagecity but definitely will be checking it out! I just discovered your blog and love it too! If you have time please check out my blog (I'm also a teenager!) http://www.sunniesandplanes@blogspot.com and comment to share your thoughts about it! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete