Sunday 17 August 2014

Disney's New Generation: The New Faces of Fashion?

Hi Everyone!
I'm really sorry I haven't posted, there has been an interview I've been waiting to do but the interviewee hasn't replied with the answers to the questions since she is busy, and that's completely fine but I had planned for that to be my next post haha! But I'm back with a new post that will probably have mixed opinions on whether it is actually true, since Disney's new shows have been receiving a lot, and I mean a lot of negative comments from people who were brought up watching the 'classics', such as Even stevens, Lizzie Mcguire and That's so raven. But there is also the '2nd generation' fans who believe this was the best time for Disney, this one includes the most well known probably, which are Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana, and The Suite Life of Zac and Cody.
 All of these stars are now 21 and over, so they've obviously grown up and developed their own style. But what I've come to notice with the new stars of Disney in shows 'Shake it Up', 'Liv and Maddie', 'Jessie', and my personal favourite (the most awful) 'Dog With A Blog', that they are styled really well that I'm beginning to get wardrobe envy. They definitely get disses for their shows, but with their outfits, it's hard to make a bad comment about their fashion when they look as good as they do right now.
photo courtesy of  www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com
I've had an eye on Bella Thorne's style (Who starred in Shake it up) for quite some time. When I first watched Shake it Up I think I was about 11 but soon lost interest since it wasn't very good in it's early days, but towards the end it turned out quite well, it kind of became my guilty pleasure, and I used to watch it with my brother before he went to bed since he's a big fan of Disney Channel too.
The Seventeen (or Sixteen) year old is actually a very talented actress, as we saw in 'Blended' earlier this year in which she starred in with hollywood stars Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. I think she'll continue acting and will definitely  make a name for herself in Hollywood if she makes the right choices. She's best friends with a lot of the Disney stars including her co star for shake it up, Zendaya, who recently won the Candies Teen Choice award for Style Icon 2014, and Bella was very honoured to present the award to Zendaya herself!
So I'm pretty sure Bella has either been seriously influenced in the past year by fashion or hired another Stylist, because her wardrobe is honestly something I wouldn't mind having a look through. Her style is very colourful and summery, including her huge collection of heels, I mean that girl must have serious balance skills to wear the shoes I've seen her in! She's a very delicate looking girl, and doesn't experiment to much with her makeup, but some of her hair looks are just amazing! I'd love to have her colour hair, and I'm pretty sure she has dyed it to be more 'gingery' since back in 2010, her shade was more of a dark brown than a red.
The second one to watch is Dove Cameron. At first I thought this girl was either fifteen or maybe sixteen years old, but in fact she's eighteen already! The difference she has compared to the other girls is that she hasn't 'grown up' on Disney, since her show only first aired last year, which means Liv and Maddie won't be a show airing as long as Shake it Up or Hannah Montana, since she's already at the age where a lot of Disney girls start to think about leaving. I really like Dove Cameron's closet, since she is obviously a classic kind of girl, and sticks with a lot of cool colours in her wardrobe, sticking to the wholesome image that Disney likes it's actresses to have. I'd definitely look at her wardrobe for inspiration for a fancy night out or even a wedding, there's also something very regal about her style. 
Peyton List is only sixteen, and is already catching the eyes of Teen Vogue, and Seventeen! Her colourful wardrobe and personality has been noticed by a lot of magazines, and she's definitely making herself a name in the celebrity world already. Her show which she is featured on called 'Jessie', has had three seasons and they are currently filming the last Season which will air later this year in America. She has a lot of followers on her social media, and is good friends with previous Disney stars, who have obviously given her some advice on how to make the paparazzi and media love her. She has also caught the eye of the brand 'Alice and Olivia' since she recently went to New York to meet the designer and look at the new collection which will hit this Autumn.
Peyton is a lot more riskier with her fashion choices than a lot of the others, since she wears some outfits that are childish and some that really show her age. All of the Disney stars have to remember how to behave since they receive a lot of pressure to be good 'role models' for the girls that grow up watching their shows. Peyton will definitely be on the Disney Channel for a lot longer, and I won't be surprised if she gets a role in Disney's next big original movie. She might also have some modelling jobs, since a lot of brands have already expressed their interest in her.

So what do you think of the new Disney Cast? Do you think their style is awful or adorable? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment