Monday 4 August 2014

Sandra Hagelstam X River Island

Hi Everyone!
I hope you're all having a great Monday, and if you're just coming home from work and reading this after a long and boring day, this will be great news to anyone's ears. A well known high street brand is releasing a shoe collection with finnish blogger from 5 inch and up, Sandra Hagelstam. So get ready to pre order, because I have a strong feeling that this collection, due to it's designer's popularity, will fly off the shelves.
images courtesy of Company
Due for release this Autumn in the UK, the shoe collection consists mainly of heels, the classier the better. Sandra started her blog in 2010 whilst studying at the London College of fashion, so it's not a surprise that she's built up enough networking power to grab her a design contract with one of the biggest companies on the high street today. The range stays true to Sandra's style, showing her favouritism for heels hence her blog title '5 inch and up' I assume. With six different styles including a court shoe, knee high boots, and mock snake and croc ankle boots. 
Sandra also one awards at the Style Blogger Awards 2012 for Company Magazine, so her career has steadily become more successful in the past four years.
Being interviewed recently about her debut collection for the brand, Sandra said 'I am so excited and honoured to be working with River Island on this fantastic collaboration, I can't wait to see it launch instore and online. I've aimed to design a powerful and seductive collection for strong women who understand the importance of a simplified statement shoe and I'm eager to see how women will be styling the range. It's been a fantastic experience working with the great team of buyers and designers at River Island in creating this collection and I hope it will be as fun to wear as it has been to design the shoes.' 
At a price most of my age group could not afford, the collection starts at £85 and goes up to £185, So unless I come into some big money soon, I'll sadly just be window shopping from this collection and eyeing it up. But for women who are more shoe centred than me and actually have a full time job, I bet they'll be drooling and can't wait to snap these up. Since the official pictures haven't been released yet, no one can be sure on what the colours or patterns will be, but I expect there to be a lot of black and nude. 

The 5 inch and up collection will be instore and online at River Island.
Thanks for reading, and are you excited for this latest Blogger x Brand collab?

No comments:

Post a Comment